Material Transfer Driver
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MATERIAL TRANSFER DRIVER
- Performs loading, driving, and unloading of manufacturing, test, and support items within SpaceX’s Hawthorne campus
- Safely load and unload trucks at pickup points and transport truckload to destination following the rules of the road at all times
- Responsible for ensuring truckload contents are secure for safe and undamaged delivery to destination
- Responsible for scanning barcodes meeting business Warehouse Management System requirements
- Review all documentation and labels for correct items to be delivered as well as precise delivery area
- Conduct inspection of vehicle and report all issues to supervisor for repair
- Responsible for the cleanliness of vehicle and refueling when low
- In case of emergency contact immediate supervisor and provide detailed information to remedy issue
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid California Class C License
- Must have experience operating a forklift and/or other material handling motorized vehicles and equipment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of trucking experience, preferably with customer-service oriented delivery background
- Material handling and stake bed driving experience (Under 26k GVW)
- Experience driving in a high volume manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, or commercial aircraft environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience with scanning equipment (RF scanner, mobile scanner, etc)
- Ability to work all required ours, weekends and off-shift with minimal notice
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be willing to work in an open-aired environment, lacking temperature controls
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.