Mission Integration Engineer, Crew Missions
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MISSION INTEGRATION ENGINEER, CREW
Complex technical systems, exceptional customer relationships, and shaping SpaceX’s future crewed missions are a daily reality in this position. The SpaceX Crew Mission Management team is expanding in anticipation of our upcoming crewed missions of the Dragon 2 spacecraft. This close-knit team serves as the main interface between the SpaceX technical teams and our external stakeholders to certify our spacecraft for astronauts and lead all programmatic aspects of their specific missions. The team also contributes to the early architecture of the Big Falcon Rocket program. Members of the team excel across a breadth of functions including product management, business development and sales support, proposal development, mission management, mission engineering, contract management, scheduling, and regulatory coordination.
- Understand all aspects of assigned launch service contracts and ensure the proper execution of all deliverables
- Work with all internal and external stakeholders to certify and fly NASA crew members and commercial astronauts
- Collaborate with the production group to understand vehicle readiness and any hardware or test changes from the nominal baseline
- Support content generation for launch license applications (FAA and ITAR) and submissions
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of project master schedules and regularly report modifications to customer
- Coordinate and chair all customer reviews and ensure that contract deliverables are delivered on time and per the customer’s expectation
- Manage mission manifests and generate the Interface Control Document
- Ensure all mission-related ITAR processes are adhered to
- Serve as the primary interface for SpaceX in customer-led mission reviews
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with a minimum of 1 year of industry experience
- At least one year of technical project management experience
- At least one year of syste-ms-level engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience working hands-on with hardware or software technical projects
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in an engineering or business field
- Prior programming experience for automation efforts (SQL, Excel, Python, etc.)
- Experience working with launch vehicles, spacecraft, or astronauts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with direct experience negotiating technical deliverables or scope
- Experience working with CAD
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and external customers
- At least 3 years of experience working with government, NASA, or commercial launch entities
- Highly detail oriented, diligent and hardworking
- Must be willing to travel to other launch sites, vendors, and customers as necessary -- up to 25% travel
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.