Government Contracts Officer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Have a knack for negotiating complex technical contracts? Do you have a strong knowledge of government contracting regulations? The SpaceX Mission Management team is looking for an exemplary individual capable of supporting multi-billion dollar commercial spaceflight programs, such as our Cargo and Crew Dragon programs. As a member of our team of contracts professionals, you will also have the opportunity to shape the future through first-of-their-kind inter-planetary space contracts. SpaceX is shaping a new era in space travel, and we need a meticulous and persuasive self-starter to jump in and help pave the way. The future of space flight is transforming right before our eyes- come be a part of the team that is making it all happen!
- Represent SpaceX to customers and serve as the counterpart contracting officer (for government contracts) and equivalent position for commercial contracts
- Ensure compliance with prime contracts; assist and advise mission managers with contract performance
- Analyze and provide advice regarding commercial and Government proposal solicitations and SpaceX’s responses thereto
- Review, interpret and provide advice regarding all types of contracts and agreements as needed
- Ensure proper acquisition and performance of contracts in accordance with SpaceX corporate policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications
- Recommend modifications and potential courses of action during contract administration to mission managers and top management, as necessary
- Advise management of their rights and obligations under the contracts
- Create and maintain extensive contract and business files
- JD degree and licensed attorney (active)
- 2+ years of government contract experience, including various contract types, the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR), and/or the NASA FAR Supplement (NFS)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current California bar membership
- National Contract Management Association Certification
- Previous experience with commercial contracts, including non-disclosure and vendor agreements
- DoD and/or NASA contract administration or related experience
- Request For Proposal analysis and large-scale proposal preparation experience
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and provide strong written arguments
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deliver on aggressive and competing deadlines
- Demonstrated exceptional integrity and a desire to continuously grow
- Must be willing to work long hours and occasional weekends when necessary to support critical project timelines
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.