Senior DSP Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR DSP ENGINEER
As a DSP Engineer, you will analyze, design and test advanced digital communications and navigation systems, using combinations of RF blocks, FPGAs, and embedded software. You will be responsible for developing algorithms for signal detection, signal acquisition, carrier tracking and coherent receiver design.
- Provide expertise and lead implementation of signal processing algorithms for communications and navigation systems
- Provide mentorship and technical direction to junior engineers on various projects
- Interact with internal and external customers to understand system requirements, propose solutions, and drive technological advancement
- Masters of Science in electrical engineering
- Experience in modem design
- Experience in DSP design for radio-navigation products such as GPS receivers or RADAR
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Science in electrical engineering with emphasis in communication systems and digital signal processing
- Experience with Digital Pre-Distortion
- Experience with implementation of navigation receivers and systems, including RF domain signal processing (i.e. Correlators, phase tracking loops), and navigation processes (such as converting pseudo-ranges to navigation solutions, Kalman filters, etc)
- Experience modeling RF and channel impairments such as multipath, phase noise, group delay, fading and nonlinear distortion
- Experience in developing signal processing algorithms in Matlab or custom simulation environments (Python/C++)
- End-to-end design of modems for various modulation schemes: BPSK, QPSK, QAM, PCM/FM (FSK), APSK, SC-FDMA, OFDM, and spread spectrum
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.