CNC VTL Machinist
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CNC VTL Machinist
- Perform set-ups of CNC vertical turning lathes (VTL) in a state-of-the-art, air-conditioned machine shop with brand new machines.
- Perform various machining operations primarily on prototype work or tooling.
- Make machine adjustments that may be required, check dimensions, etc. to ensure conformance to drawings.
- Setup machines to precise tolerances and operate various types of machinery in production following established procedures.
- Select proper tooling to perform required manufacturing operations.
- Machine precision fixtures, tools and product from drawings, in accordance with established procedures, with limited supervision.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience setting up and operating CNC vertical turning lathe machines.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of VTL (vertical lathe) experience.
- Ability to read accurately and write clearly, perform basic arithmetic calculations accurately.
- Experience in shop math, tooling technology, blueprint reading and measurement of parts.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, contributing to a team-oriented environment, balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Available for overtime and weekend hours
- Available for 2nd shift hours
- Capable of lifting up to 25 lbs without accommodation
- Capable of standing and kneeling without accommodation
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.