Launch Avionics Integration Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LAUNCH AVIONICS INTEGRATION ENGINEER
- Provide engineering expertise in the areas of test and integration of avionics hardware in support of our launch vehicles and spacecraft
- Collaborate with teams company-wide to coordinate systems verifications, risk assessment, and final launch configurations
- Design automated testing of vehicle and payload avionics systems, manage ground support build, perform vehicle powered ops and functional verification tests
- Resolve issues and creatively solve problems that arise
- Strategize integration campaigns and streamline launch site processing operations
- Launch, recovery, and refurbishment operations support
- Data review, anomaly investigation and resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 3+ years of combined project and/or professional experience in the electrical, mechanical or aerospace engineering field
- Project or professional experience testing, integrating and troubleshooting complex multi-disciplinary systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Expert knowledge of analog, digital or mixed-signal design principles including designs using operational amplifiers, filters, and transistors
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of electromagnetic interference (EMI) principles and mitigation techniques
- Process improvement implementation experience and general knowledge of automation techniques
- Strong knowledge of- and experience in-analog to digital and digital to analog converters, power supply components and design, analog testing/troubleshooting techniques, and signal integrity, layout and grounding principles
- Understanding of computers and programming languages (C++, LabVIEW, and/or Python)
- Knowledge of high-reliability processes and related documentation practices
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Eagerness to apply practical electrical engineering techniques in a unique work environment to solve problems and facilitate testing
- Position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small openings and climbing hand over hand.
- Ability to work at elevated heights (up to 300 feet)
- Physical effort with climbing up and down stairs regularly throughout the day
- Physical effort with some handling of supplies or materials
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain, ice
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.