SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Construction Superintendent coordinates all on site construction activities and supervises all field personal as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personal, while administering good construction safety practices with all on site activities. They also maintain the job site and close out the project.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities
- Direct all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conform to the original plans and specifications
- Maintain the construction schedule, identify and solve problems
- Order material and schedule inspections as necessary throughout the construction process
- Understand the project plans, specifications, and SpaceX construction purchasing systems
- Maintain a positive relationship with SpaceX end users, contractors, suppliers, and other SpaceX employees
- Prepare schedules and supervise completion of the final punch list
- Promote job site safety, encourage safe work practices, and rectify job site hazards immediately
- Has a weekly “tail gate” job safety meeting with the on-site contractors, vendors, and suppliers
- Ensure all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy
- Maintain an organized job site and on-site construction “office”
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- 2+ years of experience in the construction industry
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of successful project management, supervision, leadership, or expediting experience
- Scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of construction
- Self-starting, highly motivated, and goal oriented
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical, and ambitious
- Success managing multiple projects, and strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
- Strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills
- Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications, and cost
- Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Projects
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.