SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Prepare, program, operate, maintain, and care for machine shop equipment including CNC, EDM, lathes, mills, etc.
- Maintain and use precision calibrated tools including micrometers, calipers, etc.
- General lab upkeep including cleaning, organizing, inventory management, etc.
- Complete machining operations from blueprints, drawings, work orders, and/or verbal instructions
- Perform basic dimensional inspection of samples and coupons once machined
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years of experience in set-up, operation, and programming of CNC and/or EDM machines
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a machine shop using general machine shop equipment including lathes, mills, saws, etc.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience machining aluminum, stainless, titanium, Inconel, composite materials, etc.
- Ability to multitask and rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a fast-paced, challenging, work environment
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Atlassian JIRA, and work order systems
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and work off a blueprint
- Ability to work off-shifts and available for overtime and weekends if needed with minimal notice
- Ability to wear appropriate PPE for furnace, metal processing, and machine shop environment
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.