Process Improvement Engineer - Source Inspection Program
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Process Improvement Engineer - Supplier Inspection Programs
The Supply Chain team is responsible for the sourcing, planning, procurement, warehousing, and transportation of all raw materials and components needed to build our revolutionary spacecraft and launch vehicles. Our mission is to get the right part in the right place at the right time, every time.
The process improvement team is chartered with ensuring continuous improvement and long-range vision in the above areas to enable SpaceX to scale its operations and manufacturing activities.
As a Process Improvement Engineer, Supplier Inspection Programs, you would lead process improvement initiatives to support the Quality Assurance and broader Supply Chain team. You’ll need to identify opportunities for improvement, and work to bring the resulting projects to completion. Through successive cross-functional projects, you would build a deep understanding of SpaceX systems and processes and become a critical voice in the development of group and company strategy.
To be successful, you will need:
- A passion for continuous improvement and a patience to shepherd ideas from initial requirements through execution
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and step into unknown situations to understand the current state and most optimal path forward
- An ability to lead cross-functional groups in creating and refining ideas or solutions to problems, communicating the benefits of change, and keeping related projects on track
- Build relationships with cross-functional groups to identify, prioritize, and lead projects to completion; take responsibility for the success and sustainability of actions
- Pull and transform data to understand and communicate current activities and impact, and build a business case for improvement efforts
- Develop existing and future state process flows
- Work with software team to develop requirements for any necessary enterprise system changes
- Present ideas, project details, and status to executive management
- Develop policies, standards, processes, and documentation as necessary to ensure continued success and transferability after project completion
- Bachelor degree in engineering from an ABET certified university
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain, logistics, transportation, and/or inventory management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in engineering or supply chain
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate autonomously and self-direct
- Previous leadership experience
- Preferred skills or experience include: SQL, software development & project management, process flow mapping, material planning systems, warehouse management systems, lean production environments, six sigma training
- Candidate will need to demonstrate a track record of thinking big, aligning teams and organizations behind a goal, and executing with sustained results
- Position may involve long hours and weekend work as needed
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.