SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Coordinate meetings, manage schedules, make appointments, arrange travel, screen and delegate incoming calls, and provide other general assistance as required
- Perform potentially confidential and complex administrative duties involving Excel, Word and PowerPoint including, typing letters, creating/updating spreadsheets, and compiling presentations
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail, ability to adapt to daily schedules and routines, and a focus on efficiency without sacrificing quality
- Provide project management and maintain momentum on high-priority projects, including but not limited to, staffing and resource planning, onboarding new department members, space planning, and strategy development for efficiencies among teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of administrative experience in an office setting (internship experience counts)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience providing administrative support at an executive level
- 5+ years of professional experience with Microsoft Office applications and project management software tools
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Experience working at a technology company
- Project management experience
- Ability to participate in developing project scope, managing project schedules, and following up with stakeholders appropriately.
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail and a high level of organizational skills
- Initiative in resolving problems and an independent worker, with enthusiasm and an energetic approach to work
- Must be willing to travel to other company sites, vendors, and customers as necessary. Up to 25% travel
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.