SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Grind, file, or sand surfaces of metal items, utilizing a variety of hand tools, power tools, and machines
- Examination of surfaces in order to find defects
- Removal of defects and smoothing of uneven surfaces
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of professional work experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Able to bench close tolerance dimensions within what the blueprint calls for
- Experience utilizing various measuring instruments-mics, veneers, ultra-sonic thickness gauges, etc
- Able to utilize various grinding equipment - angle head grinders, pencil grinders, straight grinders, and palm sanders
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be willing to work significant amount of overtime when needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.