SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- The certification engineer for the production department will be responsible for all customer interfaces that directly and indirectly integrate with the shop floor. The main focus of this position is to manage customer expectations, deliver customizable and innovative solutions to enhance the business, and help develop and steer the business to more robust specifications and procedures throughout the production department. The position will be cross-functional with the training department as well as other technical teams, and will have great exposure to leadership and the organization as a whole.
- Work directly with on-site customer residents, supports customer interchange meetings, and ensures timely delivery of production related contract items
- Create and manage various production related documents against associated contract requirements to meet customer expectations
- Track quality related data deliverables, action items, and customer requests
- Support Quality Management System policies and procedure documentation, customer and industry standards, generate and analyze performance analysis, initiate and lead continual improvement and Lean initiatives
- Support customer related and/or issued Corrective Action Requests and the activities to ensure closure in a timely manner
- Coordinate customer surveillance audits and arranges customer participation in internal and 3rd party audits
- Participates at Chief Engineering Review Boards (ChERBs) and TIMs for production processes as the SME in conjunction with design specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field is required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in quality or manufacturing engineering with a focus on production operations
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- SpaceX experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of the AS/ISO family of standards, especially AS9100
- Experience implementing and improving automotive, medical or aerospace quality management policies and systems is a plus
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production desirable
- Demonstrated experience and ability to read, interpret and follow schematics (engineering drawings, circuit layouts, and parts list), cable harnesses (wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and parts list), and mechanical assemblies (mechanical drawings, control charts and parts lists)
- Good communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate aerospace hardware and systems problems to technical professionals to initiate resolutions
- Knowledge of control of nonconforming hardware, failure/root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action process
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic, detail oriented, possess initiative, and team oriented
- Demonstrated competence in working with diverse personnel to resolve issues and short deadlines
- Highly motivated, quick thinker, able to convey ideas and present unconventional solutions to unique problems
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed
- Position may require long hours and weekend work
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips, as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.