Integration & Test Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INTEGRATION & TEST ENGINEER (FALCON)
- Design high-level vehicle assembly architecture
- Design and develop tools and hardware to enable vehicle assembly and ensure vehicle testing abilities
- Develop full testing campaigns ensuring vehicle integrity of electronic and propulsion systems
- Vehicle integration build flow and test concept of operations
- Evaluate proposed designs for manufacturability and integration into subsystems
- Interface with engineers and technicians to advance to larger scale manufacturing and automation
- Develop and refine manufacturing assembly procedures based on lessons learned to mature status
- Responsible for enabling day-to-day execution of the vehicle integration and test flow
- Manage work orders and driving nonconformances into actionable items and system improvements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience (internship time is counted) as a test or manufacturing engineer supporting highly integrated cross-disciplinary assembly operations
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with build integration and testing of propulsion, thermal, electrical and/or structural systems
- Documentation and configuration management experience
- Experience writing test plans, procedures and providing go/no-go judgment
- Experience in a production environment within the aerospace industry
- Some travel to our launch sites may be required as needed
- Position will require extended hours and weekend work
- Position will require being very hands-on and will require standing for extended periods of time
- Will often work side by side with our technicians and will sometimes require working in tight areas with little room
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.