SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Lead facility coordination of Area 59 site systems
- Verify maintenance is being completed and coordinate all repair, build, and contingency systems efforts for HVAC, high power, cranes, facility systems (e.g. lighting, doors, roof leaks), security systems, and the fire protection system
- Coordinate and own all clean room issues/staffing, vehicle maintenance (trucks, boom lifts, man lifts), and annual facility testing
- Ensure site is being maintained (e.g. mowing, any leaks, and general preventative items and coordinate directly with facilities on path forward
- Support logistics requirements
- Verify asset maintenance execution
- Own facility readiness procedures for hurricanes and environmental threats
- Management of facility gasoline and diesel supply
- Coordinate helium/gn2 deliveries with vehicle team
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience with facilities maintenance or construction
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with HVAC and high power systems
- Experience operating boom lifts, man lifts, and cranes
- Experience working with fluid systems
- Project management experience overseeing commercial construction
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding/creating blueprints and technical manuals and reports
- Use of precision measuring instruments
- Ability to produce drawings for welders and machine shop fabrication
- Knowledge of component requirements and selection
- Ability to create drawings in AutoCAD
- Proficient skill level using Microsoft Office suite
- Intermediate skill level using SQL or similar software to pull data and write reports
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Occasionally exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments- heat, cold, rain
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends
- A valid driver’s license
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.