Software Engineer (C++) Temporary Position
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Ground Segment Automation and Control Systems team is looking for an experienced programmer to develop new automation systems. The focus of this role is to eliminate flight-over-flight work, which is essential for SpaceX’s rapid launch schedule. The team is looking for someone who can think on their feet, and adapt to existing hardware and software constraints with minimal direction.
Ideal candidates will have a solid background in C++ and experience working with low-level communication protocols, large-scale distributed computing, and real-time software. Experience with control systems or robotics is a plus, but not required.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (C++) TEMPORARY POSITION
- Rapidly develop and deploy task automation systems
- Develop highly reliable and highly available software systems
- Improve the condition of existing systems to make them production ready
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: Until December 28th, 2018
- LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
- SHIFT: 1st shift
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or other engineering discipline
- 4+ years of professional programming experience
- 2+ years of experience with C++ and Python
- 1+ years of experience with Linux
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- Experience with robotics, motion control, and automation
- Front End development experience
- Experience working with low-level communication protocols, large-scale distributed computing, and real-time software
- Demonstrated track record of success in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, and highly competitive environment
- Personality and drive to execute in a scrappy entrepreneurial environment that operates under tight timelines and aggressive schedules
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Capable of interacting with and conveying concepts within all levels of our organization
- Strong academic foundation coupled with hands on experience
- Must be willing to work long hours and weekends when necessary to support project timelines
- Preference for candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of the work location. Relocation assistance is not available for this role
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.