RFIC Layout Engineer - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
RFIC LAYOUT ENGINEER – TEMPORARY
- Participating in the chip floor plan and power/ground distribution planning.
- Performing layout of custom RF and analog circuit blocks.
- Integrating standard cell blocks.
- Performing top level integration with ESD structures and pad-ring assembly.
- Performing DRC and LVS checks.
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 3 Months
- LOCATION: Irvine, CA
- SHIFT: First Shift
- Bachelor's degree in an Electrical Engineering
- 1 year of experience with the Cadence Tool Suite
- 1 year of experience in 28nm and advanced node IC layout
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in layout of circuits with frequencies up to 30GHz
- Experience in layout of sensitive RF blocks such as LNA and mixers
- Understand layout considerations for matching and noise isolation
- Strong circuit design skills, and experience performing analysis and simulation of both linear and non-linear circuits such as phase-locked loops, vector modulators/demodulators, oscillators, mixers, filters, low noise and power amplifiers
- Knowledge of digital communication systems, spread spectrum, single and multi-carrier techniques and modulation types such as QPSK, APSK and QAM.
- Knowledge of RF transceiver architectures.
- RF/Microwave design in the Ku-band, K-band and Ka-band frequency range.
- Familiarity with radio related test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector signal generator, network analyzers.
- Experience characterizing radio performance in microwave frequencies.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Previous SpaceX experience in RFIC Layouts.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.