Manufacturing Engineer (Subassemblies, Mechanisms & Structures)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - SUBASSEMBLIES, MECHANISMS & STRUCTURES
- Drive efficient manufacturing on schedule through collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of engineers (design, build, and reliability), internal production teams, and external vendors
- Facilitate production of flight-qualified structures at increasing production rate while reducing cost
- Develop and revise production processes, procedures, equipment, tooling, and layout
- Resolve complex manufacturing defects and eliminate root cause
- Perform in-process product verification, review and presentation of technical data
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, aerospace, or manufacturing engineering
- 2+ years of mechanical design and manufacturing experience from either industry or collegiate engineering projects such as Formula SAE, Baja SAE, or Design Build Fly
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in process development, value stream layout, PFMEA, and error-proofing
- Experience with Unigraphics (or equivalent) CAD and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) for component and tooling design
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes for metallic aerospace materials
- Expertise transitioning products from prototype manufacturing through volume production including Design for Manufacture and assembly
- Position may require long hours and weekend work
- Position involves working with hardware on the floor and could involve stooping, bending, kneeling, and standing for long periods of time
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.