Manufacturing Engineer (Launch Vehicle Integration)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (LAUNCH VEHICLE INTEGRATION)
- Responsible for overseeing the build and inspection process for the structural assembly and integration of the Falcon Launch Vehicle
- Develop, qualify, and refine manufacturing processes to bring products from prototype to high-volume production
- Work with design engineers to evaluate designs for manufacturability and implementation in a rapidly-evolving production environment
- Interface with other engineers, subject matter experts, and technicians to solve large-scale production challenges
- Quickly resolve non-conformances and work with the Quality team to implement root cause corrective actions
- Identify, plan, and execute capital equipment, machine, and layout upgrades to the meet volume production demand
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Aerospace Engineering
- 2+ years of collegiate extracurricular engineering project experience, such as Formula SAE, Baja SAE, Design Build Fly team, OR 2+ years of industry product design/development experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with the build and integration of large mechanical assemblies
- Master's degree in mechanical/chemical/aerospace engineering
- Knowledge of metallic manufacturing techniques, processes, and equipment related to machining, welding, drilling, and automation
- Mechanical component and/or tooling design and analysis (3D computer-aided design)
- Experience with process development from RND to high-volume manufacturing
- Experience writing work instructions and procedures for critical aerospace parts
- Experience in a production environment within the aerospace industry
- Position may require long hours and weekends
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.