Space Exploration Technologies
Work to advance the course of human history and pave the way to Mars.
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up including cutting edge electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engine systems. The Falcon Launch Vehicle and Dragon Spacecraft programs are some of the most ambitious engineering systems in the world, designed to support our ultimate goals of aviation-like spaceflight capability and making humanity a multi-planet species.
"SpaceX is like Special Forces… we do the missions that others think are impossible. We have goals that are absurdly ambitious, but we're going to make them happen. We have the potential here at SpaceX to have an incredible effect on the future of humanity and life itself."
– Elon Musk
If you’re undaunted by the impossible, actively seek out insanely challenging projects under tight schedules, and want to work with a remarkable organization pushing the envelope of human exploration, then you will want to be part of the SpaceX legacy.
We are actively seeking the brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue building our world class team. Please visit spacex.com for additional information.
- SpaceX recruiters run a full desk. We have a unique opportunity to partner with some of the most talented professionals in the world; building and executing strategies to seek out and attract exceptional talent across fields. We serve as trusted professionals providing guidance and feed back as talent experts to out teams. Recruiters are given a lot of responsibility and freedom to run their business, but they are also held to high expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program is required
- Candidates must have 5+ years of experience recruiting for Director roles and above
Preferred Attributes, Capabilities, Skills, and Experience:
- Prefer candidates who have at least 2 years of retained search with the top tier firms
- Must have the ability to distinguish between the top 50% and the top 5% of engineering talent within their respective fields
- Demonstrated expertise in non-standard recruiting methods: cold calling candidates and companies, organizing and executing ad hoc networking events, identifying industry experts and finding unique methods to engage with them, creating unique targeted sourcing campaigns, etc.
- Comfortable interfacing directly with hiring managers including Director and VP level technical leaders
- Know how to present but not oversell candidates to their client groups; influence decisions by acting as the subject matter expert on talent but avoid dictating client decisions
- Know how to balance getting things done quickly with getting things done superbly
- Fun to work with and a great team member
- Must be passionate about something; bonus points for those that want to help colonize Mars
- Must have strong technical depth and a network of candidates in at least one of the following industries: Commercial Software, Automotive Design or Manufacturing, Commercial Aviation Design or Manufacturing, Mobile and Wireless Communications Design or Manufacturing, Consumer Electronics Hardware Design or Manufacturing
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time to support other SpaceX locations and recruiting events
- Must be willing to work overtime and occasional weekends
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.